The Biology Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Committee is a body composed of Biology faculty, staff, and students who discuss, prioritize, and act to improve DEI-related issues within the Department. The Committee also advises or provides information to other entities in the Department, as needed.
The Committee's work is guided by the following objectives:
• Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in all facets of the Department
• Support and empower underrepresented groups in STEM
• Care for and listen to those affected by inequity to foster unity and support
• Gather information about the needs of all members of WCU's Biology community
• Collaborate with other committees within the Department, College, University, and State System to identify and rectify systemic injustices