In collaboration with West Chester University students, faculty and staff, the Center for Women and Gender Equity actively promotes and advocates for a campus community that values the safety, equality, and intellectual advancement of women and other historically marginalized groups.
Our mission is accomplished by:
· Facilitating co-curricular initiatives that address a wide range of issues that affect the success and well-being of women
· Offering opportunities to examine the ways in which gender-based oppression intersects with other forms of systemic oppression
· Identifying and facilitating leadership opportunities that provide skills that enhance the personal and professional development of women
· Coordinating campus wide violence prevention initiatives designed to engage all members of the University community
· Engaging allies through programming focused on exploring concepts of healthy masculinity.
· Building partners-in-movement through programming that supports and engages with other historically marginalized groups
· Providing referrals and support to campus and community partners on issues that disproportionately impact women
· Advocating for systemic changes that support women and other historically marginalized groups